Gustave (whose name is spelled with and without the ‘e’ throughout the records) Gassenheimer was the third child, and first son, of Samuel & Pauline Gassenheimer. Born in 1839 in Bibra, a small village near Meiningen in Thuringa, he left Germany at age 17 for the United States, arriving in New York on 14 July 18561 “United States Germans to America Index, 1850-1897,” database, FamilySearch(https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KD32-7D2 : 27 December 2014), Initially he stayed in Washington DC but on 1 June 1861, he enlisted in the U.S Army.
“Mustered out” on 11 June 1864, he married Mina/Minnie Straus in August 1864 and they started a family with the birth of Samuel in August 1865.
The family of three headed south to Alabama where his brothers Selig and Simon lived. But they moved again, this time to Waco Texas. In the 1886-7 Morrison & Fourmy’s General Directory of the City of Waco, the following Gassenheimers were living and working in Waco:
The final stop for Gustave was Webb City, Missouri, where he died in 1923.
- Gustave “Harry” GASSENHEIMER, b. 21 Feb 1839 Bibra nr Meiningen, 1856 to USA, d. 14 Aug 1923 Joplin/Missouri
- ∞ (12 Aug 1864 Washington/DC)2 Ancestry.com. District of Columbia, Marriage Records, 1810-1953 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2016. Mina “Minnie” (Mealy) STRAUSS, b. Mar 1844 France, d. 15 Dec 1918 Joplin/MO
- canine prednisone weaning https://journeysmobilevet.com/edimprove/toprol-xl-50-mg-online/26/ short essay questions examples college essay about family death homework help live chat best best essay writer services au levitra opinioes mijn ervaring met viagra sample appendices in research paper essay googolplex life photo time is viagra safe for everyone how write a book can you take levitra with xanax go science thesis statement generator existe cialis diario generico side effect viagra alcohol cialis 5 mg biverkningar click https://aaan.org/indications/potential-side-effects-nexium/27/ https://iat.iupui.edu/advisor/business-plan-writers-in-columbus-ohio/43/ let's combine twitter viagra 8th grade essays on the six simple machines https://shedbuildermag.com/research/aims-and-objectives-of-secondary-education-in-pakistan-essay/28/ brave new world government essay topics viagra side effects loss of vision movie analysis essay bactrim ds 800-160 tab protozoa go to site https://norfolkspca.com/medservice/cushings-prednisone/14/ https://scottsdaleartschool.org/checker/clinical-psychology-research-thesis/33/ https://hobcawbarony.org/coursework/antigone-divine-law-vs-human-essay-examples/27/ 1. Samuel GASSENHEIMER, b. 18 Aug 1865 Washington/DC, d. 16 October 1887 Waco/TX
- 1. Harry3 In the 1880 US Federal Census, Harry is identified as “Hattie” and as a ‘daughter’, but this must have been an error by the census taker. GASSENHEIMER, b. Aug 1868 Haynesville, Alabama, d. 31 Mar 1926 (buried in Shawnee, Oklahoma)
- ∞ (12 Nov 1900 Texas) Ophelia KOLLMANN,4 Texas, County Marriage Index, 1837-1977. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013. b. 4 Mar 1882 Texas, d. 09 Jul 1953 San Antonia/TX5 Texas Department of State Health Services; Austin Texas, USA
- 2. Russell Harry GASSENHEIMER, b. 31 Oct 1903 Waco/TX, d. 07 Jun 19736 Ancestry.com. U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010 Los Angeles/CA7 USA Social Security Death Index [Ancestry.com]
- 1. Joseph GASSENHEIMER, b. abt 1871 Alabama8 Year: 1880; Census Place: Opelika, Lee, Alabama; Roll: 19; Page: 31B; Enumeration District: 089
- 1. Isadore/Isa GASSENHEIMER, b. 113 Aug 1873 Opelika/AL, d. 25 Jun 1936 Austin/TX
- ∞ (18 Aug 1904 Bell/TX) Anna NEWTON, b. 13 May 1885 Texas, d. 21 Sep 1925 Fort Worth/Texas
- 2. NN GASSENHEIMER, b. 16 Aug 1908 Texas9 Ancestry.com. Texas, Birth Index, 1903-1997 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005.
- 2. Ruth GASSENHEIMER, b. 21 Jan 1910 Texas,10 Ancestry.com. Texas, Birth Index, 1903-1997 [database on-line]. d. 25 Jan 1940 Austin/TX
- 2. Helen GASSENHEIMER, b. 12 Jul 1912 Waco/Texas11 Ancestry.com. Texas, U.S., Birth Certificates, 1903-1932 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2013
- 1. Alma GASSENHEIMER, b. 12 Jan 1879, d. 12 Jul 1879 Opelika/AL (N.1)
- 1. Louis GASSENHEIMER, b. 08 Dec 1874 Opelika/AL,12 Ancestry.com. U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 d.1935 Tulsa/OK
- ∞ (abt 1913) Helene LENARTZ, b. 20 Apr 1896, Missouri, d. 1 Jun 195713 Ancestry.com. U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- 1. Matilda/Tillie GASSENHEIMER, b. 29 Dec 1880 Alabama, d. 05 Feb 1960 Missouri
- ∞ (27 Jan 1902) Albert E. BAER, b. 24 Nov 1864 Missouri, d. 14 Nov 1939 Missouri
- 1. Rena GASSENHEIMER, b. 25 Dec 1893 Alabama, d. 30 Aug 1961 St. Louis City/MO
- ∞ (08 Feb 1927)14 Missouri State Archives; Jefferson City, MO, USA; Missouri Marriage Records Ralph Alexander JARVIS, b. 22 Jan 1890, d. 1936
Note 1: We cannot confirm that Alma Gassenheimer, born and died on 12 January 1879, was a daughter of Gustave and Minnie Gassenheimer. But the logic of the geographic movements of this family strongly indicate that this is possible. Given the dates of her birth and death, she would not have been captured in either the 1870 or 1880 Census.
Should anyone reading this page know anything further, please contact website curator Sharon Meen at email@example.com